This knowledge article explains how to setup and make use of the Otago Polytechnic Citrix remote access system
- In In a web browser, go to citrix.op.ac.nz you should see the screen below
- Login using your normal OP username and password
- You will be prompted to install the client. Tick “I agree” and “Install”. Note – in Chrome and some other browsers you may see “Detect Receiver” as a button – just click this to start the download process
- The receiver client will download – click run and accept any prompts to start the instalation
- Accept all defaults and click “Finish” when the install has completed
Depending on which browser you are using, you may see some of the following prompts which will need to be accepted/allowed
Click Allow if you see this
Click Allow if you see this
Download the Citrix receiver for the best experience, click continue
Some browsers may ask you to open, go ahead to install.
- Once you have downloaded and authenticated you should get signed into the Citrix Storefront and see the applications that have been assigned to you.
- Click any app icon to launch the app.
The web storefront looks like this
Now that you have installed the Citrix Receiver you are good to go.
Optionally, you can configure the Citrix Receiver/Workspace App to connect directly to the OP Storefront. Note this is entirely optional - there is no difference between launching the apps via the browser vs launching them directly from the app.
Once you have installed the receiver client by following the above process, it is possible to sign in, and launch your applications directly from the Receiver client itself (no need to keep using the browser)
To configure this:
- Once you have installed the receiver client, launch it from the start menu or task tray icon.
- The first time you launch it it should prompt you to “Add Account” as shown below.
- Enter citrix.op.ac.nz and click add
- If prompted for your credentials then enter these and you should be signed in and see your available apps (just like you see in the browser).
Now you will see the storefront again, this time inside the Citrix Receiver. From this point on you shouldn't have to login again via the browser to access your apps. (You may need to restart if you do get asked to login after the initial login process)
If you have any issues, please contact the Service desk by creating a case.
The mac client is compatible with MacOS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13.
The client will then download, double-click the dmg and then “Install Citrix Receiver”.
Click continue and leave the default options as is until you get to the “Add Accounts”, check the checkbox.
In the “Add Account” field enter “citrix.op.ac.nz”.
Log in using your normal OP username and password.
The storefront will list the applications you have access to, click on one to open it.
If you are running MacOS 10.13 or higher you will be prompted to approve the installation of the Citrix system extension it is recommended that you allow this.
Open “Open Security Preferences”
Click “Security & Privacy”
Click the “Allow” button for “Citrix Systems, Inc”.
Your selected application should now be running.
You can now either open applications via a browser or the Citrix receiver itself.
The receiver icon is located at the top right of the screen. Click on it then “Open Citrix Receiver” and the Storefront will open, by clicking an application you will be prompted for your username and password.
Contact: Information Systems and Support through case creation.