This knowledge article explains how to setup and make use of the Otago Polytechnic Citrix remote access system.
Other Citrix knowledge articles include:
- How do I pass my USB drive into Citrix?
- How do I access my Citrix applications quicker?
- I want to know more about Citrix - Otago Polytechnic's remote access software
Jump to Guide for:
- In In a web browser, go to citrix.op.ac.nz you should see the screen below
- Login using your normal OP username and password
- You will be prompted to install the client. Tick “I agree” and “Install”. Note – in Chrome and some other browsers you may see “Detect Receiver” as a button – just click this to start the download process
- The receiver client will download – click run and accept any prompts to start the installation
- Accept all defaults and click “Finish” when the install has completed
If prompted for your credentials then enter these and you should be signed in and see your available apps
Once you have installed the Workspace client by following the above process, it is possible to sign in, and launch your applications directly from the Workspace client itself (no need to keep using the browser)
To configure this:
- Once you have installed the Workspace client, launch it from the start menu or task tray icon.
- The first time you launch it it should prompt you to “Add Account” as shown below.
- Enter citrix.op.ac.nz and click add
- If prompted for your credentials then enter these and you should be signed in and see your available apps
- Once signed in you should see a list of your available apps.
(You may need to restart if you do get asked to login after the initial login process)
If you have any issues, please contact the Service desk by creating a case.
Note: The first app you open may take a little longer to load.)
H: drive or Shared J: Drive) you can open the File Explorer to see and access these locations.
Note: Be careful not to confuse these Citrix apps with those already running on your computer!)
The mac client is compatible with MacOS 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13.
The client will then download, double-click the dmg and then “Install Citrix Receiver”.
Click continue and leave the default options as is until you get to the “Add Accounts”, check the checkbox.
In the “Add Account” field enter “citrix.op.ac.nz”.
Log in using your normal OP username and password.
The storefront will list the applications you have access to, click on one to open it.
If you are running MacOS 10.13 or higher you will be prompted to approve the installation of the Citrix system extension it is recommended that you allow this.
Open “Open Security Preferences”
Click “Security & Privacy”
Click the “Allow” button for “Citrix Systems, Inc”.
Your selected application should now be running.
You can now either open applications via a browser or the Citrix receiver itself.
The receiver icon is located at the top right of the screen. Click on it then “Open Citrix Receiver” and the Storefront will open, by clicking an application you will be prompted for your username and password.
Contact: Information Systems and Support through case creation.