Te Pūkenga - Otago Polytechnic (referred to as Otago Polytechnic) has a contract with One New Zealand for the purchase and supply of mobile devices, and mobile device services for eligible general and academic staff.
This contract has a single rate for eligible academic and professional staff which includes unlimited calls and texts from within New Zealand and New Zealand to Australia. This rate excludes MMS (PXTs), 0900 and pay-for-services. Your monthly data is included in the plan at no extra charge. Your allocation is based on your previous use. There will be an annual 10% increase in your allocation (quota). If you exceed your quota, ISS will be in touch to discuss your data needs.
Your mobile device and plan should be used primarily for business related purposes. If your personal usage exceeds $10.00, you will be required to reimburse the excess amount to Otago Polytechnic. You can read the full Mobile Communications Policy here.
- View the Te Pūkenga - Otago Polytechnic Mobile Communications Policy >
- Download the One NZ Plan Specifications >
- Download the One NZ Global Roaming Policy >
Which mobile phone model should I choose?
The mobile device to be purchased should be the most cost-effective model that will enable you to efficiently carry out your work-related tasks. You can view the full list of mobile devices below, and they can be procured through One NZ through case creation.
- Samsung Galaxy A24 ($479.04 incl. GST) - Android
- Apple iPhone SE 64GB (2022) ($832.02 incl GST) - Apple iOS
Purchasing or upgrading your mobile device - TP Regional Framework
Please ensure you have approval, in writing, from your College/Service Head before you submit your purchase request and attach a copy of that approval to the request. Once your case is logged with ISS, it'll still need approval from Te Pūkenga leadership, even if the costs are coming from a regional or department budget.
*Note: Due to a large volume of national requests, there is a wait of 2-3 weeks for approval, so please send requests in advance to allow for the delay.
- You should be as detailed as possible about why you're requesting a new device, "required for role" will likely not suffice
- The request will then go to Michelle Watt, who might get in touch with you for more information, before the request is sent to Nick Elder, Regional Lead or David Walding, National Operations Director - Digital
Please raise a new case via the service portal for:
- The purchase of a new mobile phone with an existing OP mobile account.
- The purchase of a new mobile phone with a new OP mobile account.
- The creation of a new OP account without hardware*.
*Note: New mobile connections (only) require the support of the Executive Director, Otago Polytechnic and Digital Team Leader. Please ensure that if you're submitting a request, your role requires one, as outlined by the Mobile Communications Policy before you submit the request. Once the request has been received, ISS will organize Te Pūkenga approval through the appropriate reporting lines. We recommend you seek alternatives, like using Teams, if the same result can be achieved.
The mobile phone information in the knowledge base article refers to Te Pūkenga - Otago Polytechnic One NZ mobile phones.
Contact: Vis Berry (One NZ Consultant) or Information Systems & Support through case creation.