Eduroam is a free secure wireless network. It is available at all OP campuses and other participating institutions in New Zealand and internationally. These instructions will assist you to connect your iOS device to the eduroam network.
1) Find eduroam in the list of available Wi-Fi networks and click to connect.
2) You will then be prompted to configure the wireless connection.
Your username is your normal login with @op.ac.nz appended. For example, if you normally login with jsmith you will login with firstname.lastname@example.org; for students, if you normally login with smitj1 your login will be email@example.com do not use firstname.lastname@example.org as this will not work.
Your password is your regular network login password.
3) Once you have entered your details correctly, you will be asked to trust the certificate.
In most instances, as long as the top line states “eduroam.op.ac.nz” and the line directly below is “Issued by RapidSSL TLS RSA CA G1” it is safe to trust the certificate. Once you click on Trust you will be connected.
To confirm it is the correct certificate click on More Details.
Please note the Not Trusted shown in red refers to your own device not trusting the certificate yet rather than the connection being insecure
4) Below are the full details of the correct certificate, if the details do not match please contact the Service Desk. If the details match the below image, click on Certificate at the top of the screen, then click on Trust.
5) Once you have trusted the certificate your device should then be connected and will be able to access the internet.
If your device does not connect, please contact the Service Desk of the institution you are visiting for further assistance.
Contact: The Service Desk of the institution where you are connecting from.